News and Events
Opioid-free Pain Med Orphengesic Forte (Galt Pharmaceuticals®) Now Available at U.S. Pharmacies
August 20, 2020
ATLANTA (August 20, 2020) – Galt Pharmaceuticals® announced the commercial availability of Orphengesic® Forte (Orphenadrine Citrate, Aspirin, Caffeine tablets 50mg/770mg/60mg). The non-opioid, non-controlled pain therapy is now available at pharmacies across the U.S. including national chains (e.g. CVS, Walgreens, Wal-Mart) and independent community pharmacies.
Orphengesic Forte was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in July. Manufactured in the U.S., it is indicated for the relief of mild to moderate pain of acute musculoskeletal disorders, paired with rest, physical therapy and other measures.
The medicine is covered by most employer-based insurance plans. Galt offers assistance of up to $150 of a patient’s copay, bringing the prescription cost to $0 for many patients. Galt is committed to making this therapy accessible to everyone, regardless of insurance coverage. By the end of August, Galt is set to launch a patient assistance program that ensures patients without insurance coverage pay no more than $30 for a prescription of 21 tablets.
Patients, caregivers and providers are invited to call GaltDirect at 855-965-2783, email email@example.com, or visit www.orphengesicforte.com to learn more about patient assistance programs, product availability and participating partner pharmacies.
About Galt Pharmaceuticals®
Galt Pharmaceuticals® has found a better way to enhance the quality of life of patients with products that answer unmet clinical needs, while creating life-changing opportunities for entrepreneurs, our employees and the individuals within the communities we serve.
Galt is the first and only pharmaceutical company to create a unique pharmaceutical franchise or “Phranchise” concept that moves product representation away from corporate headquarters into local communities. Phranchises provide education to local healthcare providers while Galt manages functions such as drug research, regulatory approval, compliance and supply chain.
About Orphengesic Forte
INDICATIONS AND USAGE
Orphengesic Forte (Orphenadrine Citrate, Aspirin and Caffeine 50 mg/ 770 mg/60 mg) Tablets are indicated in:
1. Symptomatic relief of mild to moderate pain of acute musculoskeletal disorders.
2. The orphenadrine component is indicated as an adjunct to rest, physical therapy, and other measures for the relief of discomfort associated with acute painful musculoskeletal conditions.
The mode of action of orphenadrine has not been clearly identified, but may be related to its analgesic properties. Orphengesic Forte Tablets do not directly relax tense muscles in man.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION (ISI)
Orphengesic Forte is contraindicated in patients with glaucoma, pyloric or duodenal obstruction, achalasia, prostatic hypertrophy, obstructions at the bladder neck, myasthenia gravis, hypersensitivity to the drug, and known sensitivities to aspirin or caffeine.
Warnings and Precautions
- Orphengesic Forte is not recommended in patients with chicken pox, influenza, or flu symptoms due to the possible development of Reye’s Syndrome. Reye’s Syndrome is possibly associated with the use of aspirin.
- Patients should be cautioned on possible impairment of the ability to engage in potentially hazardous activities such as operating machinery or driving a motor vehicle.
- Aspirin should be used with extreme caution in the presence of peptic ulcers and coagulation abnormalities.
- Safety of use of Orphengesic Forte in pregnancy, during lactation, or in the child-bearing age has not been established; the potential benefits should be weighed against the possible hazard to mother and child.
- The safe and effective use in children has not been established; Usage in children under 12 is not recommended.
- Confusion, anxiety, and tremors have been reported with concomitant propoxyphene and orphenadrine.
- Safety of continuous long term therapy with Orphengesic Forte has not been established; If prescribed for prolonged use, periodic monitoring of blood, urine, and liver function values is recommended.
The side effects of Orphengesic Forte are those seen with aspirin and caffeine or those usually associated with mild anti-cholinergic agents. These may include tachycardia, palpitation, urinary hesitancy or retention, dry mouth, blurred vision, dilation of the pupil, increased intraocular tension, weakness, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, constipation, and drowsiness.
For more safety information and the complete list of adverse reactions, please see the Full Prescribing Information for Orphengesic Forte.